User-centered faceted browsing using interactive 3D-interface
For the interactive exploration of a library a visualization-technique should be developed. Books should be represented as cards, which are organized into stacks. The individual stacks should be represented in 3D. Each card contains a representative picture of the displayed object on its surface, e.g. the book cover.
The user should be able to determine the parameters for partitioning the cards, e.g. publisher or author, and sorting the stacks, e.g. ascending, descending. The cards in each stack should be sorted individually too, e.g. publication year.
Project objectives and learning gain for the pupils
The project objective was the preparation of a diploma project, in which the tasks specified above should have been solved.
The pupils developed and deepened the following professional competences
- Handling of a new programming language
- Using the “google web toolkit”
- Designing user interfaces
- Standard technologies in the web 2.0 environment
- Using eXtreme programming methods
- Recognition of relationships and solving problems with adequate tools
- Working together in a heterogeneous team
- Communication with the scientific partners
- Risk management of IT-projects In the client/server-environment
- General project management tasks
Text: project management
This project has been completed.