Interactive Visual Exploration of Multivariate Medical Data in the Treatment of Diabetes
Both the scope and the complexity of the medical data and the information available are increasing continuously due to the use of modern technology in health care. The aim of the research project was to develop a tool to make the rising flood of information easier to grasp and to master.
- use of external software frameworks
- combination of eXtreme Programming and standard methods of project management
- working together in a heterogeneous project team
- development and implementation of efficient algorithms for the given problems
- risk management of IT projects in technically complex areas of information technology
The use of specific interaction techniques for the representation of time-oriented, multivariate, medical datasets was a major challenge. In order to reach optimum interaction between the technological possibilities and the design of the user interface, the use of many standard technologies and their combination (with each other) were required.
The benefit of the project for the scientific partner is the development of a visualization technique in the context of an ongoing research project („VisuExplore“).
Text: project management
This project has been completed.